Mission, History & Expertise
The mission of the Center for Natural Lands Management is:
- To conserve native species, their habitat and functioning ecosystems in perpetuity;
- To own and/or manage lands in an ecologically beneficial manner consistent with local, state and federal environmental laws and with science-based stewardship;
- To promote the conservation values of such lands through education;
- To promote and facilitate uses of lands by the public that preserve the conservation values; and
- To cooperate with public and private entities in their efforts to protect native species and their habitats for the public benefit.